The National Association of Women in Construction holds its 2023 conference August 9-12. This year marks the sixty-eighth gathering of men and women in construction sponsored by NAWIC and held at the Portland, OR Downtown Waterfront Marriott.
Information and activities will focus on professional construction culture and personal networking as well as education opportunities and technology updates. One of the conference highlights will be the August 8 golf tournament at Rose City Golf Course.
To register for the NAWIC conference golf tournament or serve as an event sponsor, select:
Many Paths, One Mission For Women in Construction
The conference agenda includes:
- CBT (construction bookkeeping technician) certification classes/testing
- CMAA (Construction Management Association of America) Principles of Construction Management course
- Continuing education courses/credits
- Jobsite tours
- OSHA 10-hour training session
This year’s keynote speakers are:
- Rhianna Rogers, Ph.D, M.A., B.A. – Opening keynote speaker Rogers is an equity issues expert. She serves as director of the Center to Advance Racial Equity Policy and is a policy researcher at the RAND Corporation. Her keynote topic is What You Need To Know About the Infrastructure Act and How We Can Innovate Further Utilizing DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion). The breakout session topic is Making Clear Energy Opportunities Equitable – Sharing Cheat Codes for Infrastructure Advancement.
- Jamie McMillian – Journeyman ironworker and apprentice boilermaker McMillan’s industry keynote shares challenges as a woman in a male-dominated industry. Smiling in the Face of Adversity: Living a Life of Passion & Purpose will be followed by breakout topic Talk Tools in Schools: Recruiting Tomorrow’s Workforce Today.
- Shannon Vogel – Closing keynote speaker Vogel is a certified social media strategist and owner of Reach Social. Her keynote topic Empowering Women will offer tips for “unapologetically living the life you want.” The breakout course topic will be Social Media Do’s and Don’ts.
Our construction industry will grow and thrive if we support each other.
Construction Monitor marketing professionals are selling a service (customized building permit information). But we’re also sharing experience and knowledge. What we do for you can help your business thrive while we provide ongoing support.
Profits are possible when you make the connection: Call 435.586.1205 or contact Construction Monitor.