Empowering on-the-job accountability is the foundation for improved safety and productivity at every level of construction business operations. Creating a culture of accountability starts when leaders encourage mind-my-own-business construction employees to speak up. If you see something that might be a problem, point it out. If you have questions, ask.
Our success is a result of what we do. At the end of the day, we are accountable to ourselves. -Catherine Pulsifer
Is construction equipment accountability your job?
- Are a construction contractor
- Manage construction projects
- Operate construction equipment
- Organize office paperwork for equipment
- Own/supervise a construction fleet
- Work near/around construction equipment
…the answer is yes.
Construction Equipment Accountability: FMS Technology For Accuracy
Fleet management software can be customized for your construction business but every platform gives managers a real-time view of construction equipment location, performance, fuel consumption, movements, delay probabilities, and risks.
Fleet management software provides:
- Better maintenance/repair tracking
- Communicates critical information to assigned users, project manager(s), and technician(s) responsible for equipment maintenance/repairs.
- Driver safety/performance data
- Equipment assignment control
- User permissions can restrict individual equipment check-in/out.
- Greater client satisfaction
- Increased equipment operator engagement/satisfaction
- Less paperwork
- Barcodes and near-field communication (NFC) tags provide equipment details, check-ins/outs, and assignments.
- Local/regional driving regulatory compliance
- Optimized fuel consumption
- Real-time tracking of fixed/mobile assets
- Reduced margins of error
If you’re software shopping, Forbes says to prioritize core features: driver management, hours-of-service compliance, operations management, other software integrations, and inventory/vehicle management/tracking. The magazine also reviewed 7 best fleet management software for 2023:
- AUTOsist – Best overall
- Fleetio – Best process automation
- Azuga – Best ease of use
- Whip Around – Best affordability
- Rhino Fleet Tracking – Best Alexa compatibility
- Onfleet – Best task tracking
- Samsara – Best for large companies
Marketing Management: Who’s Accountable?
Construction Monitor has the most widely used and respected building permit software analytics for construction industry companies. Back when it was easier to evaluate online data, construction managers accessed free national building permit information. They could spend just a few hours studying ways to gain a competitive edge in their respective markets.
Let’s face it, analyzing your own construction company’s data is a full-time job. You don’t have the time to spend working as a marketing manager. But someone in your organization does, and that’s the person we want to speak with.