There’s been a lot of speculation and discussion about this year’s evolution of the construction industry. We’re going to grow more, spend more, do more in 2022 than we have in a long time. We’re facing many challenges, too, but the one thing we know for sure is: It could be worse. Much worse. Our technology investments will impact construction safety in 2022.
Construction Technology, Software Investments in the Field
A 2022 industry outlook study revealed construction industry companies are poised to invest more in software and construction technology this year. Construction technology impacts onsite project construction safety:
- AI – Artificial intelligence software on job sites prevents accidents by providing real-time monitoring of safety risks.
- Power gloves can reduce hand injuries due to overuse by providing artificial – but effective – strength to workers’ grips.
- Smart hard hats – You know what it feels like: Microsleep is when you’re not asleep but not fully awake. Smart hard hats can detect brain waves and reduce the risks of injury to workers.
- Wearables/virtual reality sensors mounted on equipment features allow smart boots to sound an alert if a worker is dangerously at-risk.
- Data collection – This software performs safety analyses and equipment conditions.
- Drones – Safety and security can be monitored and managed in real-time.
Environment, Health, and Safety Software
Research from Liberty Mutual found that non-fatal injuries cost
companies more than $1 billion per week. –Construction Dive
Environment, health, and safety (EHS) management software tracks trends and performance, risks, and challenges so project managers can make knowledge-based decisions. This software also makes staying in compliance with constantly changing safety regulations easier:
- Mobile-device friendly views
- Onsite data is accessible by every level of management
- OSHA/other regulatory standards captured; easier auditing processes
- Safety reporting is faster/easier
Before You Buy: Ask Questions
Follow our 9 Questions To Ask When Seeking Construction Software when you consider this year’s software investment. Add to those questions: How will this software reduce risk and increase construction safety?
If you have questions about Construction Monitor’s software results for your company, contact a Construction Monitor marketing professional.