It doesn’t matter whether you are a construction industry company marketing to B2B (business-to-business) or B2C (business-to-client). Applications for building permits can reveal a lot of information that can impact your bottom line.
As with everything else, construction data is a tool. You need to develop ways to use that information to your business advantage.
Use Building Permits and Construction Data to Grow Business
Your customers go through 5 buying cycle stages:
- Awareness – Your potential customer is beginning to develop an action plan and files for building permits.
- Consideration – This is where you proactively seek to add your product and service solutions to the customer’s action plan. This is actually the most important buying cycle.
- Intent – Your customer is reviewing pricing options and making decisions. Whether right or wrong, those decisions are driven by emotions, money, time, and logic.
- Purchase – It’s decision-making time for your customer. Did you make the cut?
- Repurchase/renewal – This buying cycle is contingent upon what you sell and/or service.
Building Permits: More Than Meets the Eyes
Building permits can tell you how much new construction and renovation is going on where. But dig deeper… –Using Building Permits
Again, it doesn’t matter what your connection is within the construction industry. One food truck company monitors construction sites and makes frequent lunchtime appearances at worksites. With regular analysis, building permits data can reveal prior and current trends in your geographic area of interest. You can use this information to your advantage.
Use It or Lose It
If you’re not using business permits data, someone is, and they’re likely a competitor for your business.
Construction information technology (IT) is driving our industry’s sales and services and fewer of us are sitting around, waiting to be called. Some of the most respected and long-established companies are discovering that customer response to their proactive marketing results in additional quotes and projects.
Discover how building permits data and trends can increase your profits in 2020. Call 800-925-6085 or contact Construction Monitor to request free tutorials and more information.